Thursday, January 14, 2010

Firing up my Decorating Mojo























Have you ever seen Calamity Jane, the 1953 movie with Doris Day.  Well I happen to love old movies and this one holds a special place in my heart because of the little do-it-yourself, makeover, before-and-after cabin number during the song "A Woman's Touch".  Now I'm sure almost nobody else has seen this movie so I've put a You Tube link to the song.  Go and watch it - I'll be here waiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swYl_rFe7Qk

There now, wasn't that cute.  Not the lyrics, and especially not the curtains, but the amazing transformation of the little cabin.  I mean even the flowers grow and the cracks disappear in the length of time it takes for them to sing that song.  Isn't it the cutest.  I will admit the cabin is a bit frou-frou, but still it somehow warms my heart and fires up my decorating mojo.


0 comments:

Post a Comment