Sunday, March 21, 2010

March Break at the Cottage

We went to the cottage for a few days over the March Break with my parents.
 
We had to hike in to the cottage as the road was soft and still had snow in places.

We had to get water from a hole in the ice on the lake.

and warm ourselves with the heat from the woodstove.

We spent our time:

going for walks,


 admiring the hardy early spring flowers in my Mother's garden,

watching chickadees at the birdfeeder,

playing games,


 doing some serious eating,
 
 walking around barefoot, even though there was still plenty of snow on the ground
(oh, wait that was just William - no accounting for teenage boys),


and chasing squirrels up trees (oh, wait that was just the dog).
 
Good times were had by all (well maybe not the squirrel)!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a weekend! We were at a friends cottage at the end of February and thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet! A great way to get away from the everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful vacation! I always looked forward to going up to Northern Ontario.
    I miss the chickadees.

    I really like your new title page picture Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect getaway, Grace :)

    I can almost smell the fresh air...do you think I could join you?

    p.s puppy + squirrel = cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like heaven to me Grace. What a lovely retreat..Rx

    ReplyDelete