Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Photo - Suburban Wheat Field Photos

A good friend of mine has recently gone through a difficult separation and is finally now getting settled in her own home.   It is so nice to see her enjoying setting up her house, which I hope to show you a few photos of in the near future.  Her living room and dining room windows face west so it takes on a warm honey-coloured glow in the setting sun.  Although she lives in a suburban area, just over the fence behind her house is a wheat field, beyond which is the local mall and a row of fast-food restaurants.  When you look out her living room window all you notice is the beautiful wheat field and especially when it picks up the golden sunlight at dusk.  

I went over to the wheat field late in the day last week to take some photos.  Looking at the photos you might think I was out on the prairies, but in fact I was standing at a busy intersection taking photos.

I love how these first two photos look like paintings.



The golden glow of the sun through the wheat was just gorgeous. 


And a few vintage-type treatments on some photos:



As threshing separates the wheat from the chaff, so does affliction purify virtue.





Linked to Inspired by at The Inspired Room
I'm Lovin' it Fridays at Tidy Mom

10 comments:

  1. beautiful photos, good quote.

    Here's to new horizons and happier days for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More gorgeous photos.... they do look like paintings.

    I still havent picked which ones I want. Any of them with do :)

    I hope your friend is on the mend, seperations are hard to deal with. I know all about this.

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    cheers
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, such beautiful pictures! Hoping your friend finds peace and happiness in her new life
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such pretty photos Grace! I can't choose which I like best. Love the warmth in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that third one!!!

    But the hummingbirds are brilliant also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Grace i am totally impressed with these photos!! They are outstanding! I especially love the first one. You must get a least one of these framed!!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, Grace! I am so intrigued by the lighting in the third... so lovely, and the look of the last. Just gorgeous.

    Wishing you a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all look like paintings or frameable art. I love that first one with the two little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Grace!

    I just found your blog and after looking around a bit, I can see we have a lot in common; I love forget-me-nots and my favourite colour is blue. I also had a couch just like the one in your basement; had to sell it when we downsized. Hope you visit me at Beach Bungalow sometime!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - you are a great photographer. I think I need you to give me some lessons. The second shot is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete