Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mosaic Monday - A September Walk in the Park

We went for a walk in a nearby park today and there were plenty of fall leaves and trees and bridges and ponds to keep me busy taking photos.


I found this memorial stone dedicated to John Tuzo Wilson in the far corner of a field .  Now I happen to have majored in Geography at university so Tuzo Wilson is a name I am very familiar with.  He is a Canadian scholar who developed the theory of plate tectonics (the movement of the earth's crust) in the 1960s and 70s.  He taught at the University of Toronto, became the principal of Erindale College, University of Toronto, and later served as Director General of the Ontario Science Centre in Toronto.   Needless to say, he was a biggie so I was pretty excited to find this.


Here's a photo of my husband that I included just to show you that the stuff photographers say to models really does work.  I was lying on the grass and he was walking across the field.  I called out "come on baby, work it, work it!" and I got this great photo of him.  I'm either the next great model photographer or my husband finds my antics amusing.


Here's everyone doing what they do best - climbing trees, sniffing everything, watching the dog, and me taking a picture of it all.


A lovely walk!


Linked to Mosaic Monday at Little Red House
and Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Dreamer

17 comments:

  1. Stunning photos, Grace. (And it is always nice for you to have a great picture of your husband.)

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful stroll through the park! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Geography majors certainly do have careers in fields far from geographic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos of the bridge. It was the perfect day for a walk in the park. It's nice to meet another Canadian blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely mosaic...I especially like the picture of the beautiful Autumn leaves. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots, looks like you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful mosaic, love the shots of the bridge. Looks like you had a great time on the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another Yorkie Mom!! Lovely mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely group of photos!!! I enjoyed each of them...You are very artistic with you camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos and you have made a really wonderful collage of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great day in the park or was it a cemetary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're funny Grace... I tell my better half to work it all the time, he just rolls his eyes and puts his hand up to cover the lens... LOL

    Great post!
    Happy Wednesday to you!

    Cheers Tracy
    www.goodgirlgoneaverage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice walk in the park. Thanks for taking us along. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stroll through the park... such fun.
    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is funny! Great shot of your husband "working it!" Love your mosaic with all its fall colors. Thank you for the walk in the park today!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete