Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birds on a Wire

I got lucky a few days ago and found some birds flying around and sitting together chummily  on a wire.  The really lucky part was that I had my camera with me and I was able to pull off the road and take these photos.  Now that's my idea of fun!

Of course, I had to play around with them in Picnik (an on-line photo-editing program which you can read me extoling the virtues of here, here, and here).  I'm curious to know which photo you like the best - both in terms of bird composition and photo-editing.





This last photo is straight from the camera so you can see the colour of the sky on the day I took the pictures.  It's a pretty nice colour without any editing.




4 comments:

  1. I love these great pictures, especially the second to the last one!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and yet such a beautiful photo. Thinking of you this week, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, the lighting in the second to last photo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the original(I would crop it a bit, there is a lot of sky taking away from the birds)
    ...now as far as the others go:
    #1...needs cropping
    #2...the blue is too fake and the resolution drops off in the clouds, especially down toward the bottom right.
    #3...very interesting view, I like the not-quite black & white, but again, the ratio of sky to birds, can be shrunk
    #4...if you want to get the lone flyer, then that is what you should have zoomed in on, that bird, along with the much lower action, just becomes a distraction, or vice versa(I personally like the lower part of the picture best)
    #5...Too green

    so I like #1, #6 and #3 the best. :)

    come visit:
    http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/2010/10/tuesday-er-um-thursdaytreative-been.html

    I have a surprise for you:)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete