Thursday, July 14, 2011

Inspired By Life in France

I'm en route to Bangladesh right now, and while I have a bit of time with internet access I thought I would reminisce about all the inspiring things I saw in France - things I would love to incorporate into my life and home.


I was inspired by the colourful flowers in the gardens.  Okay, I do realize that the garden in the photo below is at Versailles and they do everything on a grand scale, but I love the mix of colours - a girl can dream!




I was inspired by the window boxes and planters that adorned everyone's homes.




I fell in love with the amazing pink, purple, and blue hydrangea bushes we saw blooming everywhere we went.  I have an overwhelming desire to run out and plant a hydrangea when I get home.




I was also inspired by the wild flowers growing along the roadsides.  I was crazy about the wild poppies (called coquelicot in France) and would love to plant some of them as well.




I was inspired by all the delicious food and wine and would definitely love to bring more of that into my life.




I have a sweet tooth so the pastries and macaroons stole my heart.  I especially loved the way they were displayed in the shops.  Aren't they divine!






I can't forget the subway tiles.  I didn't realize that the Paris subway was lined with white rectangular glazed tiles, hence the name.  They really are classic and so lovely.  I would love to use them in a kitchen or bathroom some day.




I also was inspired by the lovely soft colours in the florals I saw on a wallpaper in the Napoleon III rooms in the Louvre (seen below in detail and then in a more distant shot of the room),








and the same colours on Marie Antoinette's bed in Versailles.




I was also inspired by the garden chairs I saw in the Jardin de Tuileries near the Louvre.  So simple, so inviting, so comfortable!





Doesn't France inspire you?  It makes me want to add more beauty to my life, to take more time and care with how things look and taste, and to slow down and enjoy life.  

9 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Love your photography of the flowers. The hydrangea one caught my eye. How gorgeous! And the French sweet, yummm. Have a great trip to Bangladesh. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, I love these shots. How nice to tour France. That is on my bucket list. Hopefully some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mais, oui! I am inspired. The shops are so pretty, aren't they? Your photos are gorgeous, Grace. :D

    xoxoxoxo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, welcome in France! The wild flowers are so beautiful. Versailles is beautiful.. I dont know if you are still there, have seen more of Paris, but I guess traveling trough this country is a joy itself.. We wish you the best holiday ever...

    Juule

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of the things I love best about going to Europe, it is so inspiring. And because of the slower pace you really do get to take it all in and notice all of the wonderful sights, smells, and tastes! We didn't make it to Versailles, but we hope to next time!

    Safe travels!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh! How beautiful it all is. My memories of France are distant now. And those sweets look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos indeed! I'd like to just sit in those chairs for awhile, watch the sunset, and rest...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so enjoyed all of these beautiful photographs! I've never been to France, let alone to Europe, so it's a treat to view the country up so close through your pictures. I can see why you were so inspired. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course there are so many parts of France to love. There are some parts of the mentality that I could love without but the beauty of the country is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete