Monday, September 17, 2012

My Mad Plaid Blue Fall Tablesetting

I've been mad for plaid these past few weeks.  I just love how cozy and warm it seems - perfect for fall and winter.  I wrote about my desire to purchase something plaid for the house on Design Mom and I wanted to show you how my plaid obsession played out in our dining room.

I found this plaid fabric at the thrift store for $3.50 and it was 50% off so ...  it didn't cost me very much, but it set the mood I was envisioning.


I love blue and yellow/orange together - they are such a good compliment for each other.  I used our orange glass pumpkin in the centre of the table along with some yellowy-gold flowers that I found growing wild along a fence.  

I used teal dinner plates and added the bread and butter plates I got at the thrift store recently.  Aren't the orange and blue flowers perfect.




Have you ever used blue for your fall decorating?  It is a little out of the box, but I love it.

Pin It

Linked to Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality,
Fall Table Decorating Idea Link Party at The Lettered Cottage,
WOW Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style,
Power of Pinterest Pinning Party at Debbiedoo's,
Fall Decorating at The Inspired Room

13 comments:

  1. Like ... WOW!! Found your blog through hopping around the blogosphere this morning and fell in love with it. I'm looking forward to visiting some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too, actually. It looks so autumnal and warm and welcoming.

    Do you mind if I pop over and join you? I could do with a good natter!! ;-)

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello - great price on the table cloth. I always love a table setting in blue with yellow flowers - really sharp looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty plaid and a great price too. Love the blue plates with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that tablecloth! I've always loved plaid and sometimes it is hard to find. Your bread plates really are perfect too. You put together a wonderful table!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the blue plaid!! It's perfect and totally unexpected! I love to see ppl play with patterns and color within seasons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just pinned this. I love the plates with turquoise and red paired with the plaid. Of course I love all things plaid, too!!! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE LOVE BLUE.. and always incorporate it in.. even when it was back in the 70's when I got married, blue anything was hard to find...but I have been sticking with it all these years.. blue and white.. and then you can add in whatever colors to go with.. love your settings!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blue plaid and your beautiful glass pumpkin. Plaid is so great for the fall season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have plaid tablecloths for every season and like the material you found to use. The dishes go well with it, and I'm loving the glass pumpkin centrepiece.
    Just noticed you live in Ontario too, hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete