Wednesday, October 9, 2013

4 Reasons to Fall in Love with Autumn


Autumn is a lovely time of year.  Here are four reasons that make me fall in love with it all over again.


# 1

The cooler temperatures mean you can embrace cozy sweaters and pretty scarves.  .


Winged Knits

# 2

Nothing like getting warm on the inside too.  I can totally get into the tasty comfort food of fall.  Why not try a new recipes using some of the produce from the fall harvest.  I personally recommend anything with apples, squash, or pumpkins.


La Tartine Gourmande via Style at Home

# 3

It's the perfect time of year to have some outdoor fun - not too hot, not too cold, and BUG FREE!  I love to go for a walk through the forest, kick the dry leaves as I walk through them, and make some leaf art.





# 4

I enjoy adding fall decor around the house and on the table - things like pumpkins and gourds, natural woven baskets, wooden bowls, blankets, and candles.  Definitely candles - everything looks better by the flicker of candlelight, don't you think. And naturally fall decorating extends to the front porch with pumpkins and chrysanthemums  


Style at Home


Style at Home


I like nothing better than browsing through my favourite decorating magazines or going online to check out blogs or magazines for inspiration.  One of my go-to sites is Style at Home, both the magazine and the online site (and if you look carefully on the website you will even see my contribution to the fall decorating round-up a few years ago).  

I love decorating magazines and blogs for inspiration to help me decorate my own home, but every now and then I stumble across images like the one below of the outdoor dinner party.  Then I can dream about having the most amazing dinner party on a beautifully set table with a barn and golden fields as a backdrop.  There would be delicious food and good conversation and the wine would flow. Oh, yes it's on my bucket list. What a way to enjoy the fall!

Style at Home
Have you fallen in love with autumn?  What are your top reasons for loving this season?

3 comments:

  1. Sweater knitting, baking and reading by the fire are all good reasons for me to love fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. College football and honeycrisp apples!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My neighbour gave me so many apples this week and now our freezer is stocked with all sort of cakes, pies, and crumbles. I was getting to a stage where I couldn't look at the apples anymore!

    ReplyDelete